Poseidon Cyklon 5000 servicing costs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

james3

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there,
I'm looking to service my Cyklon 5000 poseidon, but I found a huge prices differences asking to various official Poseidon labs in Europe,

ex. in Italy they charge 70€ each stage (it means for an octopus with 1 1st stage and 2 second stages (black and yellow) = 210€ !!!!!!!!!

In Germany another Poseidon official maintenance lab asked me 49€ 1st stage and 25€ each second stage = 99€

On the Poseidon website they say that one of the myth about their regulators is that the maintenance price is high and it's hard to find somebody able to do it, till now it doesn't seem a myth at all

Waiting for you reply

I totally agree, but I contacted 2 official Poseidon assistance / reseller in Italy and they both asked me 70€/stage (210€), In Germany, as I already said, it's 100€ the whole octopus, the common market price

I totally agree, but I contacted 2 official Poseidon assistance / reseller in Italy and they both asked me 70€/stage (210€), In Germany, as I already said, it's 100€ the whole octopus, the common market price

don't go to Italy for service? Or take the service course to DIY service, or just buy the parts kits and look at the manuals online? No real specialty tools for them unless you have to replace the diaphragm which is a bit annoying, but shouldn't be something to do that often

don't go to Italy for service? Or take the service course to DIY service, or just buy the parts kits and look at the manuals online? No real specialty tools for them unless you have to replace the diaphragm which is a bit annoying, but shouldn't be something to do that often

Thanks for the suggestion, indeed even buying an ultrasonic cleaner isn't that big expense and you buy it just once.

Anyway in this I don't feel very comfortable to do this kind of maintenance by myself especially since this is my underwater support life, but I'm planning to learn step by step in the near future because I wanna be able to handle all the minor and the major problem I could have with my regs

Back
Top Bottom