Poseidon Cyklon 1980's vintage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rfwoodvt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Was gifted one of these in excellent shape. Came with only a one second stage though. Searching online it seems that this setup was pretty much a one second-stage system. However there is another port on the first stage but I don't know if it can be used to put another regulator on.

I will be taking it to my LDS to have it overhauled but before I do I wanted to know a bit more about the first stage ports.

They are all marked, one is LP and that has second stage attached to it. One is marked HP and that has the console. A third is marked R and that has the BC fill hose attached and the final port is plugged and marked U. It is this last port I am curious about. it is on the same level as the LP and R ports which make me think it is also a low-pressure port.

Also, what do the markings "R" and "U" stand for?

Any input would be welcome!

Thanks!

Let’s see some pics! The U and R ports are also low pressure ports so you can put another second stage on, I don’t remember what the letters stand for. If it’s the first stage I think you have it may need adaptors to use generic hoses, those ports are not standard sizes (if the port plugs look like protruding hex screws then that’s the case). The Cyklon second stage needs an intermediate pressure of 166 psi so make sure to pair it with another second stage that can be tuned to handle that pressure, ideally another Cyklon.

be careful taking it to your LDS. Unless they service a lot of Poseidon regulators you are far better sending it off to someone like @rsingler at Napa Scuba or the guys at Air Tech Scuba in Raleigh who service these things all the time.

U=unisuit
R=regulator
The R port will have a touch higher flow and there is some other port geometry stuff in there, but it's not really significant. The U should not be restricted at all

"R" is the preferred port for the 2nd stage. It is the venturi-assist port.

rx7diver
This is correct...also send it to rsingler.....most likely your LDS doesn't know anything about a Cyklon...We dove with that exact one and the ports are not typical threads...we eventually went to the Poseidon's that had regular threads.. There were some Cyklons with the metal bodies and I think the metal pucks...they eventually made them plastic as well

The plastic thing is a cover on the brass thing

The plastic thing is a cover on the brass thing
We had complete plastic Cyklon's 5000...red and yellow...the body and the puck with purge and diaphragm Previous to that they had the 300 and then I think the all metal Cyklon..which I think Leisurepro still sells??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom