Poseidon BMCL + MAV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matjazr

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Would like to upgrade my poseidon for now till 60m, maybe one day in future till 100 :wink:

Now is big dilema abouth wich BMCL to choose?

Next too i think MAV should be incl. too, am i right?

What about Mabual Injection Pack: Manual Injection Pack BM Lungs - need for Poseidon pack.

Thanks for any usefull idea :wink:

are you keeping the Poseidon BOV? If so, you may want to stay with the Poseidon lungs since the hoses are unique.

Shure why change BOV?

Shure why change BOV?

You have to contend with the unique Poseidon hoses.
I would not buy the ATS set from Nortech because you will then have to buy hose adapters for the head and the BOV from Tecme and then also have to switch all of the loop hoses.
If you buy the Unilung from Martin, then you will still need adapter ATS0075 to use the Poseidon counterlungs and will have to permanently modify the stock t-pieces.
If you ever intend to teach on the unit though, you will be either highly encourage or likely required to dive it in stock configuration.

As far as the MAV's themselves, you have to decide what you like/want. You'll have to have the injection ports put into at least one of the T-pieces for the O2 MAV if you decide to only use the ADV for dil though I would recommend having both. You have to decide how you will be plugging in any offboard gas and if you need multiple outlets. The stock position for the bmcl's has drysuit inflator valves on the t-pieces themselves which for me is fine so long as your BOV can be plugged in offboard which is a requirement for deep diving for me, and you could also put a splitter to the dil MAV and the BOV for easy offboard plugin. That is likely favorable to having the hanging MAV's

My instructor for the Poseidon was Ron Benson and he made a few modifications to my 7. He has a good explanation of what he recommends at:

https://www.silentexplorers.com/poseidon

He took my current tech lungs and used a homemade center board and a heavy duty sewing machine to make me a set of BMCL that are pretty much the same as the poseidon ones. I have only dove the unit in this configuration so I cannot comment on how it is compared to the FMCL.

He also recommends a 3 button titan style MAV that is plumbed into diluent, O2, and has the capability to add offboard gas. This is most likely what I will eventually go to but it will be a while before I'm at that point.

I can speak to the quality of Martin's work at TecMe. I use his scrubber canister and the craftsmanship is first rate.

Take my advice with a grain of salt. I am a new rebreather diver who still has a lot to learn. Also I'm probably biased towards my instructor and his system.

My instructor for the Poseidon was Ron Benson and he made a few modifications to my 7. He has a good explanation of what he recommends at:

https://www.silentexplorers.com/poseidon

He took my current tech lungs and used a homemade center board and a heavy duty sewing machine to make me a set of BMCL that are pretty much the same as the poseidon ones. I have only dove the unit in this configuration so I cannot comment on how it is compared to the FMCL.

He also recommends a 3 button titan style MAV that is plumbed into diluent, O2, and has the capability to add offboard gas. This is most likely what I will eventually go to but it will be a while before I'm at that point.

I can speak to the quality of Martin's work at TecMe. I use his scrubber canister and the craftsmanship is first rate.

Take my advice with a grain of salt. I am a new rebreather diver who still has a lot to learn. Also I'm probably biased towards my instructor and his system.
I’m really not a fan of 3 button MAVs. Even 2 button is kind of a stretch if they’re not super necessary in the config.

After more then 100h with Front mounted tec counter lung I changed to original Poseidon BCML.
You can't use the original MAVs from Tec Lung because you can't reach them
I bought one over the Shoulder MAV from Martin tecme only for O2.
It is excellent to use and I do diluent flush with my bov.
You need a pair long version Poseidon loop hoses for front and some original MD hoses has to be shorten for streamline.
The hydrostatic WOB is little less perfect compared to front mounted lungs but completely OK and the comfort is realy great.
I would recommend others began with backmount lungs.

Have you read this, hopefully not the headspace you're in when you dive

Fantastic link you provided by the way.

Thanks.

I've got someone here that carves rebreather delrin but I prefer to send my stuff to Germany

It's not just his stuff, Martin is a great guy to deal with too

Have you read this, hopefully not the headspace you're in when you dive

Fantastic link you provided by the way.

Thanks.

I've got someone here that carves rebreather delrin but I prefer to send my stuff to Germany

It's not just his stuff, Martin is a great guy to deal with too

Simply stating that I am new to rebreathers so I don't have experience on different units.

Not sure what's the issue with that. I'm a new diver so I try to constantly remind myself that I am still learning and that even though it seems comfortable that I have a long way to go to become a proficient diver.

After more then 100h with Front mounted tec counter lung I changed to original Poseidon BCML.
You can't use the original MAVs from Tec Lung because you can't reach them
I bought one over the Shoulder MAV from Martin tecme only for O2.
It is excellent to use and I do diluent flush with my bov.
You need a pair long version Poseidon loop hoses for front and some original MD hoses has to be shorten for streamline.
The hydrostatic WOB is little less perfect compared to front mounted lungs but completely OK and the comfort is realy great.
I would recommend others began with backmount lungs.

u can add some pic...i am more visual than reading guy :wink:

Back
Top Bottom