Portland Oregon just had some good activity.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
They had a female in an SUV, ON THE FRICKIN PHONE lose control and go off the bridge. It was several stories to the river but she survived.

Can someone get us some good details of it beyond the fricken cell phone.

Gary D.

What I don't get is they said it was a 60 foot drop, how could she survive that? They also said in the news that she was rescued by a diver.

She was on a cell phone, and decided to change lanes while on the metal grates of the bridge, over corrected when she noticed a car in that lane, and started to slide out of control...after we had over an inch of rain. Hmmm, what do you bet she was speeding too?? She claims that she only survived because the windshield popped out when the Isuzu hit either the guardrail or the water. The drop was 60 feet and the water depth was 55 feet. She was all the way on the bottom still seatbelted in when she released herself and got to the surface. They estimated she was underwater for over a minute. She floated on her back on the surface until a firefighter rescue swimmer was lowered into the water and helped her into a Sheriff's Office boat.

Gary D.:
They had a female in an SUV, ON THE FRICKIN PHONE lose control and go off the bridge. It was several stories to the river but she survived.

Can someone get us some good details of it beyond the fricken cell phone.

Gary D.
Which bridge? Fremont, would be a miracle to survive.

wedivebc:
Which bridge? Fremont, would be a miracle to survive.

She fell off the Morrison bridge. FYI.

I was just wondering, At what point did she quit yacking on the phone? I'll bet when it got wet.

Just think of how the person on the other end of the phone felt hearing all that go on. If it was hubby he might of headed for the insurance papers :D

For you locals. Aren't most of the downtown bridges 35 mph?

Gary D.

Wonder if, when she went off the bridge, she said, "Call ya back. I gotta go now!"

Back
Top Bottom