Porteau tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading out for a single dive tomorrow if anyones interested. I was thinking of getting some video of the Nakaya. Planning to splash at 8:30-9:00am.

working,

vis was good on the Nakaya on Thursday.

Well, I woke up feeling like crap so I called the dive :depressed: but I did get motivated to work on my DIY light array; the Carlisle X1A1:

Picture2001-15.jpg

No more light wobble. The PVC is bungied to the Aluminum arm so that I can rotate each peice. This allows me to focus in/out and up/down.

Picture2002-5.jpg

I'm going to switch out the second light tray (with the grip) for the one that came with the camera so I can mount my strobe. And I plan to check out the place in Langley that Gabriel suggested. The blue bungie cord (suitable for wrist mounting gauges) is about 20 cents a foot at Stevestons marine on the Langley Bypass.

If you think you'll end up going next weekend instead let me know, I could be easily tempted outmfor a dive or two.

Too keep them dry (sheesh).

:) They are part of my ongoing attempts at light diffusion. I am also trying wax paper (ala Todd) and if that fails, milk jugs.

umm i heard that the black garbage bags that asbestos removers use are bestest at keeping yer stuff dry... just be careful that you don't breathe while you empty out the junk from the bag!!!

have you tried a call to UK to see if you can replace the diffuser disc that came with your light cannon??? hint hint

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom