Portable Oxygen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Outside of DAN's product line for portable oxygen units for field use,,,,whom would be another good source (personal use type....not a full fledged EMT unit,but one I could carry in the car for emg. scuba accident use)???

You could get a medical E oxygen tank and put a reg on it, possibly saving some money. I'm sure there are lots of manufacturers of complete setups. Also, an aviation oxygen rig could be an option, they usually come with a tank, regulator, and mask.

High O2 concentration is important in treating SCUBA
accidents. Make sure your regulator can deliver. And
a normal SCUBA reg won't fit an E tank.

I bought the reg-only (no tank) setup from DAN, and
carry an E-tank that I already had. The DAN setup with
tank comes in a humongous Pelican case that I just
didn't have room for.

Right-o on the reg. I should have specified that, that a scuba reg won't fit on an E tank unless you've somehow got one with a DIN or yoke valve. You need a reg designed for the valve on the tank.

Thanks guys for the input!

texdiveguy:
Outside of DAN's product line for portable oxygen units for field use,,,,whom would be another good source (personal use type....not a full fledged EMT unit,but one I could carry in the car for emg. scuba accident use)???

Could try looking at this site, they have good stuff.
http://www.galls.com/

Poog

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom