Portable charger can light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
anyone have an idea how you might charge a can light from a portable battery pack?

My can light battery runs my heated gear, and there is no power on our boat, so was thinking how it might be done in between dives.

I have one of Bobby's lights.

I looked at the yeti, like many of the portable inverters, it has a modified sine wave, I have read can damage some electronics, also the 110ac outlet is only .7 amps, it would take forever to charge with that, the usb outlets have 2-2.4 amps, maybe I could create a usb to xt60 cord.

as you can see I'm not very educated on this subject and a lot of questions.

you need the smart charger function, but more importantly a USB cord doesn't have nearly enough voltage.

the charger on this is converting AC to DC voltage so it doesn't really care how "dirty" the power coming in is. Not sure which yeti you were looking at but I have the 400 which is more than capable of recharging the UWLD lights, and has on several occasions. What else does it need to power?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom