Porpoise Bay Vancouver Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are Nice fooks! What operator did you go with. Is Porpoise Bay close to Port Hardy? Did you see any Dolphins?

-kate

I'll be going there in August for my first real dives! Any input? I have a 7mil suit......any other toys needed for this dive? How were the accomodations? Dives?

These were my first ever ocean dives and probably will be my most memerable. Both me and my girlfriend were diving in 7 mm suits and were very comfortable. The water temp was probably 52 - 57 deg F. The accomidations were great we stayed in one of the cabins. Cal and Anne (the owners) were very nice to us. They run a very safe operation and treat you like gold. The dives were incredable!! The wreck is very very cool!! Are you takeing any courses out there? Which dive shop are you going through?

Just got certified with Aqua Sports here in Calgary. I did my Open Waters in Lake Sundance. Do you use a computer?

Any advice for equipment or planning for the trip?

I was certified through ASSC as well. Who was your instructor? No i dont have a computer (didn't fit into the budget this year... but christmas is comeing soon :tease: )
As for equipment i'd say bring a light if you dont have one, sun tan lotion, and lots of money cause the beer in BC is to darn expensive. I paid $10.70 for a six pack :fury:.
Other than that just your normal gear.

What kind of light we be talking about here? Suggestions? My instructor was Ken - he was excellent. I'm looking forward to this - although I must admit to some nervousness - it's my first cold water ocean dives - my resort dives in the Dominican don't count - they were too good to be true.

Have you tried 2-Jack or Minnewanka yet?

Don't be nervous. Aactually when I was going I was very scared. All my dives had been in lakes. But once we were out there and diving i felt right at home. There's so much to see. I'm assuming that Mike B is going to be leading the trip. Bug him to show you the wolf eels. It seems that he is the only one that can find them and they are definatly worth seeing. The light I bought was a sunlight c4. I bought it at the shop. Its very good light in my opinion but then again im still new to the game.

"Have you tried 2-Jack or Minnewanka yet?"

I try to go as much as possible. It isn't the same as the ocean but its still a blast everytime I go. Have you been out there yet? I was diving the old damn on thursday for the first time and that was very cool. 2 jack is fun to just practice the old skills and play around in.

Back
Top Bottom