Pony Pac Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micklock

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello XS Scuba, I"m looking at your pony pac diving system for my son. Will it handle a hp 80.

Hey Mic:
The PonyPac can make a great BC, especially for small folks. I designed the smallest size for my daughter when she weighed just 75 pounds.

The way the PonyPac Harness comes in the standard configuration ($80.00) is just a pack to carry a pony cylinder on your back. The double tank bands allow attachment of cylinders with a diameter of 4.1" to 5.4" (13 cuft to 40 cuft cylinders). It is just a harness without a buoyancy compensator. These are often sold as lifeguard rescue packs, yachtsman (check the bottom of boat) and many of the Las Vegas water attractions.

When your order the PonyPac BC ($160) the bands are changes to fit cylinders with a diameter of 6.9" to 8.0" (HP80's have a diameter of 7.25"). The a 30 pound lift back inflation wing is added. The harness includes two releasable weight pocks holding up to 5 pounds each. This is what you'll need for your son to accommodate a HP80 cylinder.

If you have more questions, give me a call 866 977-2822.

Hello XS Scuba, I"m looking at your pony pac diving system for my son. Will it handle a hp 80.

Thanks for the quick reply, one more question, does it have grommet holes in the back to attach a set of ultimate velcro doubles bands to use with two steel 40's.

Why is the PonyPac BC setup no longer offered?

I ordered the PonyPac so I can swim in my Health Club pool using my 30ft Pony Bottle instead of lugging on of my AL80s with me.

I've been considering upgrading the tank bands & getting the companion wing but now we're looking at $220.00 more plus I'd need to add some weight pouches so I'm almost to the point where I should just buy a BP/W setup.

It is still offered and nothing has changed. Give me a call at 866 977-2822 during the week. I'll help direct you to a dealer with inventory.

Why is the PonyPac BC setup no longer offered?

hello XS Scuba, I live in England, will probably be trying to get a hold of one of these.

Can you tell me how much the whole system weighs, it's very important. Do you think a person could carry the system, their fins, 5 mm wetsuit, bit of weight, for a few miles on their back?

hello XS Scuba, I live in England, will probably be trying to get a hold of one of these.

Can you tell me how much the whole system weighs, it's very important. Do you think a person could carry the system, their fins, 5 mm wetsuit, bit of weight, for a few miles on their back?

Harness = 10lbs (built in wt). Depends.. 19cf pony bottle = + 6 lbs. Put wetsuit, fins, (weights may not be needed as the harness has 10lbs non-dumpable), in a duffle with shoulder sling and should be doable.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom