Pony Express from Key Largo to NC...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lsorenson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I could use a little help retrieving a pony bottle (no pun intended) from Key Largo back to the NC area or close... maybe just passing through even...!

It was the last day of diving and the wife and I just finished up cleaning up the gear... Long story short, a pony bottle was left by mistake and the shop is holding it for us... So if your heading this way, could you help out a fellow diver...?

Thanks, lee

Sorry about the bump but I could use some help... Thanks

Isorenson, we will be in WPB all next week. If you can find a way to get it to WPB, we will be happy to bring it back to NC for you.

Thanks uncfnp... West Palm Beach I assume... Hopefully a local will chime in with a helping hand from Key Largo to WPB...!!!

lee

Added; also, if anyone is heading from Key Largo up 95 and passing Daytona, my sister-in-law can meet ya at the exit!

Thanks again all... lee

Last edited:
If you can wait a couple of weeks, I can bring it to Charlotte with me. I commute Miami-Charlotte every week for work. But, it may be mid-June before I get to Key Largo. If you don't get it sooner, let me know...

Andy

Thanks very much for the offer B-A...! Yes, I will definitely let you know... Are you driving or flying... if its every week I would expect you to be flying...

lee

Why not use USPS, UPS or Fed-Ex. Send the shop a check, use Pay Pal, or a credit/debit card and have them send it to you. Your'e complicating the logistics way too much.

Why not use USPS, UPS or Fed-Ex. Send the shop a check, use Pay Pal, or a credit/debit card and have them send it to you. Your'e complicating the logistics way too much.

I am not so sure just how complicated this might be... Lots of folks diving Key Largo and driving up 95. If someone is passing by Daytona, my sister-in-law who is retired can meet up with someone at their convenience. Its a bit of a hassle for the shop to empty the bottle, remove the yoke, package it, and send it. I would rather spend the weekend driving down and retrieving than to ask the shop to jump though some hoops...

My SIL would drive down if she knew about it but again, I would never ask her!

But thanks for the idea, lee

---------- Post added May 29th, 2014 at 11:49 AM ----------

on another note, getting up to NC should not be so much of an issue if the right person happened to see this post...

Sorry for the bump but just trying to get a pony tank back...

Still looking for someone heading heading up 95 from Key Largo... I have a sister-in-law that can meet you at an exit in Daytona FL or if you coming to NC I can meet you anywhere...

Thanks again, lee

What dive shop? I'm diving Islamorada but will be in KL today. If you get this shoot me a text message at eight 4 three 2 nine 0 one nine 3 eight. Diving the Duane and Bibb with RReef this morn at 8 am, prob wont see my cpu till after 5 but I could bring ur bottle to exit 8 in SC (HHI) or drop it at Daytona.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom