Pony bottle with scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fl-diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got a Scout bc and I have a 6cuft pony bottle that I usually mount to my tank in the back but the rear weight pockets make it difficult on/off. (changing tanks) I have seen pictures of the ranger mount for mounting a 6cuft pony "under" the wing. Would this be possible to do with the Scout? Or should I just get the highly recommended zeagle pony straps to secure it to the back?
Thanks.

A third option and one I use with a 13cf pony is to make a sling . A few dollars worth of parts can make a simple sling. I then clip it on the left hand shoulder and lower left D rings. Easy on, easy off, easy to use and you can hand it off if needs be.

A third option and one I use with a 13cf pony is to make a sling . A few dollars worth of parts can make a simple sling. I then clip it on the left hand shoulder and lower left D rings. Easy on, easy off, easy to use and you can hand it off if needs be.

I do a lot of spearfishing and use a eurogun (chest load). Having anything clipped up high on my chest would make loading a gun very difficult.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Can't do the zipper with the Scout. That is only on the LTD version of the Ranger. It zips on and off.

fl-diver,

You can't use the Zeagle pony straps with a 6 foot tank. The straps won't pull down that far. The smallest tank you can use with them is a 13.

Options:

Look at your BC and see if you have somewhere you could zip tie the grommet pouch (750-6206)

Quick_Deploy_Components_600.gif

I zip tied it between the vest and bladder on my Stiletto.

-Charles

Good to know the the pony straps won't work since I almost ordered them. I did try to rig it between the vest and bladder in the bag I currently have but it was a little loose. I think I will order one of the pouches and find something to zip tie to. Where do you clip the reg with this configuration?

Just run bungee around the pony and tuck the hose. Quick to deploy when needed.

Yea,I tuck the hose in the elastic band of the pouch and clip the 2nd stage at the D ring on the right side of my BC. Easy.

-Charles

I don't even clip. One less thing to worry about when you really need to deploy it.

I been using the Zeagle pony straps with a 13cu. pony for deep dives for many years and like it. Having the option to keep everything in place when I'm only using the 80 or 100 is nice. Like you, spearfishing is my thing so free hands and a clear chest area to view and load are very important.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom