Pompano Dive Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caruso

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here's a video for your viewing pleasure of a dive I did last week of Pompano with South Florida Diving HQ. Shot with a GoPro Hero 4, alternating Flip 5 shallow and mid filters with 2 Archon V2 lights. Can anyone identify the wreckage at about 1 minute 30 seconds and ID which reef it was? The DM said "it might be Lighthouse" but she was not sure. The diver at the start of the video is NOT me. I had a strong word with him after the dive about his diving skills, I can only hope he took something from it.

Thanks! I'm always happy to share my dive videos and what I use to edit them if anyone is interested.

This trip will be the last with the Hero 4 which has served me well for the better part of 2 years. All set with the new Hero 7 Black for an August trip with a large group to Little Cayman including ScubaBoard member @BDSC.

You'll get a lot of help here. The newer cameras are very easy to use, and video editing software takes a lot of the work out of it.

Thanks for sharing your video....there are two wreck treks... one in ft. lauderdale and one in pompano.....this is the pompano one...

Wreck Trek Pompano - South Florida Diving Headquarters

Not sure what you're trying to say? The video I posted above IS the Pompano Wreck Treck. As per the link you posted, it included the Jay Dorman, Alpha and the Quallman Tugs, all of which are in my video.

The Okinawa sits off of Pompano Beach, Florida. This was the first wreck dive during my solo dive trip last week. It's 107' long army tug intentionally sunk as an artificial reef in 70' of water. Saw a mermaid on this one, no kidding!

@caruso : Nice!
Curious: The 'cuda at the tailend of the Okinawa clip: Looks like the lights were off. Intentionall?( (Reason?)

The Okinawa has a surprising amount of life considering how young the wreck is. I was honestly surprised when I dived it a few weeks ago.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom