Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Aqua World

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcwalsh1

Reaction score
I am going to Cancun in two weeks and am looking for the best operator (price/quality/safety) in Cancun. I know COZ is better. Large party and the location is fixed.

The four places listed seem to be the ones mentioned most in the forum.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

I am going to Cancun in a couple of weeks and friends who dive there often have highly recommended Scuba Cancun and I have found them to be very responsive and helpful as we've been planning our diving for the trip.

Hope this helps!

Penny

jcwalsh1 once bubbled...
I am going to Cancun in two weeks and am looking for the best operator (price/quality/safety) ...

Price, then quality, THEN safety?

That is an interesting order for selecting a dive op.

UD

Manta Divers is owned and operated by the daughter and son-in-law of a friend of mine. They are fellow Texans and have worked VERY hard over the last two years to build their business and their reputation. Not easy being gringos down south. If you have time, look them up and see what they can offer you.

http://www.mantadivers.com/

If you need more info PM me.

Jim

None of the "Other" voters have posted to indicate who they'd rather dive with. I need to book my dive very soon, and am undecided as to who to book with.

I'm very close to booking a package with Mexican travel agent "CancunVista" who now runs the Blue Peace web site. (The Blue Peace dive shop apparently closed about two years ago.)

Some things I'd like:
Boat pick-up @ Hotel dock. (Riu Cancun)
A day trip cenote dive
A "big fish" dive
A wreck or two
Max of 10 pack boat, prefer 6 or 8

Any recommendations?

Also, I want to do some things with my wife while there... what are some of the "must do" local sights?

-Thanks,
Allen

USMC Diver once bubbled...

Price, then quality, THEN safety?

That is an interesting order for selecting a dive op.

UD

I'd pretty much echo that, as apart from air quality, safety is MY problem. Price & Quality are my top two, pretty close to tied. As long as they're courteous, know their sites, and don't leave me, I'm good!

Do you know why it isn`t essay for Gringos to operate in the south? ... Speciallily for greedy people as Jhon and Mimi (the owners of Manta divers), because they pay late to their employs, to their providers, they are always trying to get people to cheapen their work, they are mean and greddy, in the states they may have good reputation, but in cancun they have a horrible reputation, NO BODY want to work for them, They have no respect for anybody, not even for themself ... they arguing in the shop, they DRINK in the shop, at one point they were talking me to DRUNK ... I could go on and on ... the few dives I did with them I was horrifide on how they speak and how little consideration they have for everybody, they don`t care about their costumers, when I was their they were having a problem with an unhappy costumer, the girl wanted to cancel her dive because she told them they were the most unprofessional people she had seen plus they keep changing her diving days ... they tough she could not speack spanish and she heard the staff only complaining about them ... so she refused to continue diving with them, in front of her they were all nice and sweet, the moment she left they starting to called her all names under the son ... that was my last day diving with them, and pleaseeeeeeeeeee ... would someone make them stop talking on and on about how bad is life in mexico and how CHEAP are the girls, and how essay is to have a YOUNG girl (of 13) interested in one ... I found them gready, mean, rude, unprofesionals, perverts (did you know that Jhon had a law suit again him for sexually hassasment to a member of the staff, and it seems that he did not learn the lesson and he is going on the same way) At one point I also hearth a screaming fight with their captian because he was late been paid and he was having having mayor problems at home because of it ... they could not take their baby to the doctors because lack of the moneys ... and so on and so on ... they are the type of people that are detested here and bring Gringos really bad reputation ... they just give me - give me - give me ... I`m sorry but MANTADIVERS (MANTA DIVERS) Is a no no for anyone that goes and observes a bit further than their hypocrite manners ... It makes me very sad to have seen that, but glad I know ... and that`s that I when through them because an instructor (alex) that work as an independent for them mentioned them and he was not able to accomodate me when I needed to go, from now on I preffer to wait and be more flexible with my dives and wait for him, rather than having to deal with Jhon and Mimi themself ... I since then been contact by several people with the same histories as mine from manta divers ... they are defetenally not good, shame for the people that works there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom