PolarTec Vs. Polar Fleece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only Polartec is Maldin Mills. Its the real deal, and will keep you very warm under your drysuit.

Polar fleece is the pilled-up poser sold in wacky colors at the GAP by Morgan Fairchild and Rick James.

Choose wisely.

---
Ken

Ken is right.. There is a big difference....

What about "technical fleece" ??
Ie the stuff that Pinnacle uses for some of their undergarments?

Where can I get Technical Fleece? I think I can make one of these for about $50 dollars and custom fit to my body at that!!!!

I made one from Polar Tec 300 a few years back. It was cheaper than buying one from the Scuba store, but getting the fit right was a lot of work. I am not a very experienced clothing maker, and that made a big difference (negatively). I used a pattern for a jumpsuit and modified it. It does keep me nice and toasty though.

Well luckily I have someone that is a very very good seamstrist (I probably spelled that wrong), so I am planning having something made much better than anything that could be mass produced and sold for 300 times what it is worth.

prthd9:
Well luckily I have someone that is a very very good seamstrist (I probably spelled that wrong), so I am planning having something made much better than anything that could be mass produced and sold for 300 times what it is worth.

Great.... I have been thinking about this project on my list, but I can't find any seamstress, especially Asian who used to be a dexterous hand.

It might be possible to find a good seamstress in CA...

So, you are only paying for $50 for the labor?

Nope I am not paying anything for labor. I am only paying for materials. Here is the trick...I could do this myself. I know how to sew and this is actually a very simple design, I just don't have access to a sewing machine. As a result, I called the most reliable lady I know.....my Mom. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom