Polarizing filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep. Used one once when shooting some over/unders to darken up the sky some.

Talk about a PITA. I had to precompose the shot, aim the camera the same way as the shot, adjust the filter for effect, tape it, and house the works. And it didn't even seem to really do much.

Hope that helps!

All the best, James

hueyatl1:
Has anyone used polarizing filters for underwater photography?

Lets see... polarizing filters make the blue skies a darker blue, we have enough blue underwater. Also cut down on glare from shooting at glass surfaces, not much of that underwater. Very tough to rotate the filter underwater, through a housing, then you would lose half a stop of speed.

Underwater the strobes are you main source of light. Polarizers are really for outdoor sunlight.

Hmmm. I have another question. I found a red polarizing filter that fits the threads on the housing port. How could that be useful? The filter could be spun to a non polarizing position underwater. Is red too intense for underwater? Most underwater colored filters seem to be rose and not red.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom