Polar Pro new filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not going to lie, I am actually mildly irritated because #1 they stopped selling original acrylic filters and #2 switched to glass filters and #3 did it in a span of a couple of months. It is like buying an ipad 3 only to have ipad 4 come out 31 days after... a whole day after you can return the old one.

As a proud owner of 2 polar pro filters I might very well open my wallet and spend a few bucks to buy more filters.

So what are they made out of now? I was interested in buying one of these but not if they scratch at a drop of a hat...

I just received my macro lens from Polar Pro today. I saw it at the Long Beach Scuba show and liked the results they showed on their demo video and how easy it is to install and use. I've got a trip to Cozumel planned at the end of this month, so hopefully I can post some video when I get back home.

The acrylic filters scratching is not a big issue as the water fills them and you can't see it in the footage
I put a post on my blog to add a black ring around the plastic as that protects from flare it is good to see that the new version for the hero3 has a black ring
For what concerns the macro lens......

Back
Top Bottom