Point and shoot recommendations? FE-360?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sonicvalley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
did a search and did not find anything...

what is everyone's opinion on the Olympus FE-360?

after reading Backscatter's recommendation article (HERE) I am really looking at the FE-360. Right now all i want is a cheap point and shoot. I just got back from the Bahama's and a am really sad that i did not have a camera. the FE-360 and housing you can get for less than around $200. What does everybody think?

the Olympus website says they are archived products. is there a new version? is that one just as good?

did a search and did not find anything...

what is everyone's opinion on the Olympus FE-360?

after reading Backscatter's recommendation article (HERE) I am really looking at the FE-360. Right now all i want is a cheap point and shoot. I just got back from the Bahama's and a am really sad that i did not have a camera. the FE-360 and housing you can get for less than around $200. What does everybody think?

For the occasional vacation snorkle, it's not a bad option. Cheap enough.

The camera is simple and shoots well. Olympus housings are good too. Perfect for making memories of your wet vacation. Be aware that it uses either proprietary XD memory, or micro SD memory with the included adapter, so you will want to buy that (cheap on ebay) and a reader for it. XD is proprietary and expensive, and limited to 2GB. If you use bigger microSD cards, warning: Make sure your firmware is version 1.1 if you use 4GB or bigger microSD HC cards or you will fry them.

The battery is an LI-42 and I like to have a hot spare when diving.

Actually I gave a similar one, the FE-330, to each of my grandchildren -- the camera, not the housing. Pink for her and blue for him, talk about sexism. But they were thrilled. They take a lot of photos of their toes and nostrils (age 4 and 5), but someday when their photos hang in the great museums, they might of that first camera fondly. I got them because they were cheap, in case the kids acted like, well, kids and broke them. They have held up so far to quite a lot of use, that says something.

I don't think you would go wrong to buy one as a cheap travel cam that can get wet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom