Pocologan, NB shore dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I may be there a few days in a motel. Anyone with any info. on easy access shore diving in Fundy? Worries regarding the tidal current? Decent depth without a long swim out (15-20' is fine)?

Maybe talk to Surf n Scuba in St Andrews NB.

I may be there a few days in a motel. Anyone with any info. on easy access shore diving in Fundy? Worries regarding the tidal current? Decent depth without a long swim out (15-20' is fine)?
I've only ever dove Fundy from a boat (and not that often). In either case it's important to hit the slack.

Thanks guys. So far with a google I've found a training site dive at New River Beach Prov. Park.

@TMHeimer how did it go?
Thanks for asking. We haven't gone yet. This trip over there is an idea we have to meet up with family in NB. Were thinking of mid-summer. Hard to say now. They were gunna open up the Atlantic Bubble right about now, but our case number has soared to 61 total active cases in NS (that's not daily new cases, that's total). So, they closed the NS-NB border like a year ago to non-essential traffic. Prior to that you could cross it but had to quarantine 2 weeks when back in NS.
Actually, Ontario wanted some of our vaccines. This time the premiere said no. We get our first Pfizer shot tomorrow.

Lots of good shore diving in the bay. New river beach ( tommies cove) easy novice level not tide dependant. Beaver harbour is also a lower skill level and not tide dependant(60-70 ft on a high tide) . McCanns head near StAndrews is another training site no tide dependant. Greens point is an amazing dive site but EXTREMELY TIDE DEPENDANT with very strong currents at times. Deer Island is no longer allowed during the camping season , but it’s tide dependant and extremely dangerous without someone that knows it. ( the running joke is don’t forget your passport, if you make a mistake you could end up in Maine)
A couple active Facebook groups are “ fundy bay divers “ and “ NB divers”

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom