Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ntxdiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking at custimizing my drysuit and trying to decide what, if any, pockets to get and where to put them. I was a DOG days last weekend and all the choices just it even harder to make up my mind. So, what are you likes and dislikes about your pockets and their locations?

Hi!

Thanks for your inquiry.

In regards to the pockets, there are pros and cons to both styles. The velcro Bellows pocket is our largest pocket. It is a low-profile pocket in that it lays close to your leg. Some people feel uncomfortable with the Bellows close feature as the sides have a gap. However, there is a D-ring inside that you can attach any float awayables . The Bellows pocket comes in 2 sizes...Standard = 11inX7in or Small = 9.5inX6in.

The Zipper pocket also comes in 2 sizes...Standard = 9.5inX6in or Small = 6inX6in. A benefit of this pocket is the zipper opens and closes from both sides which more or less ensures the entire pocket is closed. Some people find the pocket to be a bit on the bulky side, but easier to manipulate with thick gloves on.

Feel free to contact me with further questions.

Thanks!

Jessica
DUI

I've got their Bellows pockets, and I couldn't see getting the zippers. You can also put some bungee through the drain holes to use to attach gear to, which works a lot better than their D Ring (no offense Jessica.)

Tom

Howdy Folks! Attended the rally at Clear Springs, Nov. 15 & 16. What a great experience! Got my specialty certification in drysuit diving. Got reeel spoiled, too! I am going to buy a Special Production TLS350. I will need help along the way, someone to coach me through the process, after I talk with my LDS. I'm at widdahbruddah@yahoo.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom