PNW Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Norda

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone have any good recommendations for sources of information for diving either the Oregon Coast or Puget Sound area? Ideally, I would like to get a guidebook similar to those you can find for the Caribbean, etc. However, I haven't been able to find anything that speaks specifically to these areas. Appreciate your help!

Northwest Shore Dives by Stephen Fischnaller is pretty much the bible for diving in Puget Sound and the San Juans... Some 300+ pages, and very complete... Seems like everyone I know up here has a copy in the glove compartment...

I would add to Cal71's post to get a subscription to Northwest Dive News as they do site reviews all the time.

Phil

Shorediving.com has some sites listed. There are some nice spots on the Oregon Coast but most people would rather dive in the Puget Sound or Hood Canal in Washington. Most of the shops in Portland can recommend some spots. Northwest Shore Dives is a great book and it's now available again in most local shops. Drop me a PM if you want more information.

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom