PLY PT-015 O rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
anyone knows who has the oly PT-015 O rings in stock i need a new set and Olympus has them back ordered

Wow! I just ordered some from Olympus a few weeks ago and received them last week... they must have run out all of a sudden!

Joe, here is what I found on B&H Photo's site. B&H is a well known online vendor so I would have no question about ordering it from them. I would call just to make sure they have them in stock but as you see below, they indicate they do. http://www.bhphotovideo.com

"Olympus Price: $ 11.95
Replacement O-Ring for Olympus PT-015 Underwater Housing

MFR# 200918 • B&H# OLORPT015
Availability: In Stock

Without sounding too stupid, how often do these need to be replaced? And how do you know how much they are on Yuzo's site?

Okie....depending on how 'vigorously' you pull and stretch the O-ring while cleaning and greasing it between your fingers, and how often you dive, most o-rings need replacing anywhere from every 50 dives to once a year. For instance Gilligan dives almost every day with his rig. He replaces his every 50-60 dives (Jim, correct me if I'm wrong) whereas I only go on dive trips 2-3 times a year so I change mine about once a year, more often if I use it in local green water. It's always good to have an extra for a spare!

Any good currency converter will help you with the prices in yen. I use---->this one. Since you're in OK, the shipping will likely cost more than the o-ring. B&H, posted above, is a much easier source for us in the States.

Thanks, Dee--that is very helpful. We only get to the ocean once a year and do 20+ dives while we are there. The rest of the time it sits in a suitcase. Should I take the o ring out while in storage? It sounds like I need to replace it before we go again in October.

medic13:
anyone knows who has the oly PT-015 O rings in stock i need a new set and Olympus has them back ordered
Check out Sea Shooters I recently bought some extras for my PT-010. Tim was prompt and reasonable.

Okie....yes, any time you are using your housing you should take the o-ring out and store it well lubricated in a zip-loc baggie. If you only use it on vacation, a properly stored o-ring could last you several years. But then again, a new one is less than $15. Well worth the piece of mind!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom