Pls help me on Apeks ATX 50 connection?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Restart

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, i am new in scuba diving. I just bought a new Apeks ATX 50 with DST, and ATX 50 Octo. But there is no "tool kits", like screw driver etc in the package box.

Can anyone teach me how to connect the Octo to the DST first stage? The second stage is connected to the DST, when i bought them, but not the Octo.

Do i need to unscrew the "round cover" on the port of DST? Then just screw on the Octo's hose, do i need to tighten it with a tool or just hand-tight?

Thanks for advise...........

Yea. Use an allen key wrench to take one of the Low Pressure port plugs out of the first stage, and then screw the lp hose from your octo into that port. Make sure there is an o-ring on that hose like the o-ring on the port plug that you removed.

Screw it down and then use a 1/2 inch crescent wrench to tighten it down.

Spectre:
Yea. Use an allen key wrench to take one of the Low Pressure port plugs out of the first stage, and then screw the lp hose from your octo into that port. Make sure there is an o-ring on that hose like the o-ring on the port plug that you removed.

Screw it down and then use a 1/2 inch crescent wrench to tighten it down.

Thank you very much for your advice, Happy Diving............

Kityip, I think you'll need a metric allen set for the DST.

Mark

mweitz:
Kityip, I think you'll need a metric allen set for the DST.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you very much for your information. But may you tell me what is "Metric Allen Set" 6mm, is it those "Haxegon Allen Keys set"?

Do i need to add on a different or optional connector, because i notice my "Second Stage's hose end" that connect to the DST has a different nut which is bigger than the "Octo's hose end"?

Many thanks in advance, for your advice..........

Kit.

Go to your dive shop and let them help you, you don't want to mixup the LP/HP connections on your first stage.

kityip:
Do i need to add on a different or optional connector, because i notice my "Second Stage's hose end" that connect to the DST has a different nut which is bigger than the "Octo's hose end"?
From the Apeks website it appears that the DST has 4 LP ports and 2 HP ports. One of the LP ports has a bigger thread size than the other three. Just open up a different port on the swiveling section and screw the octo into there.

There are also 2 HP ports --- these are on the part of the 1st stage that doesn't swivel, and the thread size is in between the two sizes used for the LP ports. Don't attempt to hook your octo up to these.

If you are still confused, go to your local dive shop or a more experienced buddy.

Safe diving,

Charlie

Your problem is the DST has one large low pressure port for your primary second stage that is larger than the other three ports. But you don't have an ATX50 "octo", you have another, additional ATX50 primary second stage that also has the larger diameter connection. You'll need a converter, your Apex LDS will know exactly what part you need. You can convert the connection or get a different hose (what I would do), either way will work.

Charlie was correct that you only want to connect your high pressure gauge the main reg body (those are the high pressure ports), on the DST the low pressure ports are all on the turret (the part that rotates).

Just wanted to point out thet while you do tighten it with a wrench, you don't want to overtighten it, the O-Ring is what is actually making the seal so you just want to snug it down.

A low pressure hose won't actually fit into a high pressure port so you can't mess that up (unless you really try).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom