Please post Day of the Dead pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayfarmlaw

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This will be the first year in 8 years that my wife and I have not been in Cozumel for Day of the Dead. It's my favorite holiday and last years celebration was canceled due to Covid, not to mention Hurricane level rains and wind. The trip was a bust on multiple levels except for the food.

Should anyone be in the square during the evenings, or have pictures of the parade of souls, I'd appreciate if you would post them here.

My wife got DCS in Roatan a few months ago and was diagnosed with a PFO. She had it closed day before yesterday so no diving for at least 3 months.

Thanks in advance for your pics! I'll just have to live vicariously through you this year.

Jay

WOW, Hope the wife did not suffer any ill effects of the DCS caused by the PFO. The vast majority of people with the PFO don't even know they have one. Hopefully she will be good to go now. Best of luck. B.

She had it closed day before yesterday so no diving for at least 3 months.
Seen just a couple of bar picts on FB coz4you but the FantasyFest KeyWest are NS4Wk.

Congrats to the wife on closure,,,was it done in Lakeland, FL by a ScubaBoard member?

Seen just a couple of bar picts on FB coz4you but the FantasyFest KeyWest are NS4Wk.

Congrats to the wife on closure,,,was it done in Lakeland, FL by a ScubaBoard member?
Closure was done in OKC by the same surgeon that closed my daughters PFO 12 years ago. Dr. Crysant. He isn't a diver, but understood what an important part of our life diving is. He actually took the time to research PFO's and DCS even though it was just a run of the mill PFO closure. Great Doc.

She may be able to dive again in 3 months, our next trip is end of April to Curacao. She will be nitrox only from here on out and probably limited depth, but she doesn't like to do the froggier stuff I do anyway so the limitations aren't really limitations to her.

Even though the weather has been sketchy in COZ, I still wish I was there. The Lionfish Marsala at New Especias and a icy cold Bohemia Obscura are screaming my name!!

Thanks,
Jay

They will do another bubble test and make sure the closure is all good.

Jay

Some pictures of the new murals at the cemetery.
20211101_220128.jpg
20211101_220136.jpg
20211101_220146.jpg

And a little Casa Mexicana too! Thanks Again!

Jay

Back
Top Bottom