Please Log in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapolly

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
On numerous occassions (probably 25% of the times I try to post) I have logged on to SCUBAboard, hit the reply button on a thread, typed my reply, hit the submit button, and then be directed to a log in page telling me that I have to login to post on the board. This has happend to me both at home (dial up PC), Work (ethernet Mac), and at a friend's house (DSL PC). It gets really frustrating when you have typed a long response to someones question. PLEASE HELP ME! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

It happens to me too, I thought it was the computer I was using at work because it will log off automatically. It got to the point where I type in my reply and then "copy" it just incase it screws up I can just "paste" it back in after logging back on.

getwet2:
It happens to me too, I thought it was the computer I was using at work because it will log off automatically. It got to the point where I type in my reply and then "copy" it just incase it screws up I can just "paste" it back in after logging back on.

OMG, I've been doing the same thing! LOL

If you login without clicking the "remember me" button your session will be saved in an expiring cookie that times out in 15 minutes. To prevent this from happen be sure you have logged in and checked the "remember me button". If your problem still persists try clearing your cookies as explained at http://www.scubaboard.com/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_vb_clear_cookies and log back in when you are done, checking the box of course. If that doesn't solve the problem let me know an we can try some other things.

Back
Top Bottom