Please help with accessory dilemma for dream holiday with Hero 5 Black

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We're off to Maldives in just over 3 weeks and I could really use some insight from anyone that could help.

I really want to purchase the Knekt super suit trigger pole to use when snorkelling (not diving) and that requires the lens protector to be removed to use in the super suit.

However Im not sure whether to also purchase a Freewell pistol trigger (also for hero 5 in the super suit) for use underwater and then replace with the skeleton back door for use on land.

Or

As well as the Knekt trigger pole, purchase the Knekt pistol trigger instead of the Freewell, but you can only use it with a naked hero 5. This would mean having to switch between taking the lens protector off for use in the trigger pole super suit, then putting it back on to use in the Knekt pistol trigger on land.

On one hand, the first option means the hero 5 will stay in the super suit (just replacing the backdoor depending on whether Im in the water or on land). I am not sure how I feel about the hero 5 staying in the super suit for long periods of time without the lens protector.

What do you guys think? Hopefully that all makes sense.

(by the way I already have the super suit housing).

Thanks ever so much!

Back
Top Bottom