Please help me select a Digital Camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

c-dog

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I want to get a Nikon D70 but have come to the conclusion that the complete underwater system will break the bank. I like to take pictures of sharks and do not think I can deal with much shutter lag.

Does anyone have a recommendation for digital underwater system, camera housing strobes etc with a total cost between 1 to 2 thousand $.

Any advice will be appreciated.

c-dog:
I want to get a Nikon D70 but have come to the conclusion that the complete underwater system will break the bank. I like to take pictures of sharks and do not think I can deal with much shutter lag.

Does anyone have a recommendation for digital underwater system, camera housing strobes etc with a total cost between 1 to 2 thousand $.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Well, that is a tough order to fill. I have heard that the new Fuji 810 does pretty well for a non-DSLR in the shutter lag department. Ikelite has a housing scheduled to come out for it soon. See Ikelite Fuji 810- Housing. I have heard some rave reviews for the camera. I don't know about its wide angle capabilites which you will need for sharks. There should be a wide range of strobes that would work for the camera. I think you could put a strobe or two, housing and camera together for less than or close to $2k. Right off the top of my head, that is the first idea that comes to mind

Back
Top Bottom