http://www.diveheart.org/

Please Help Matt Johnston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
As I'm sure many of you know from the large banner on the forum homepage. Matt is going to make a second attempt at an ocean dive in Key Largo in a few weeks.

Matt really needs some financial help to make this trip possible.

Right now, we are only $1000 short of what we need for this trip, and we're asking anyone who can help to PLEASE visit Capt Gary's site, and click the pay pal link to donate. Even a $5 donation at this point will help out. If everyone who is online right now gave as little as $5 Matt's trip can happen, and he will be able to dive in Key Largo and even have a dolphin encounter while there.

Capt Gary has this site dedicated to Matt's Trip - Come Dive with Matt

Again, we're so close to making this trip a reality for Matt, and if we can't raise this last bit of capital, he may not have this great opportunity to fulfill his dreams.

I hope some of you can find it in your hearts to help make this trip a reality for him, and time is running out.

So Please - if you can spare something for Matt, please do.

Thank you.

Thanks guys. I'm sure Matt appreciates the support!

Please help my friend Matt come down to do another dive. Last year he dove a total of 20 minutes which was a big accomplishment for someone if Matt's condition. We'd like to get him down here to do it again and hopefully enable him to stay down longer.

Your small contribution will help keep the dream going. For only a $10 donation we'll be able to help a fellow diver to again achieve a dream of diving.

Thanks in Advance and as always

* Clicks PayPal button *

Too bad we can't keep a running total to make sure he gets there, I know He is down to $900 needed right now!!!!

Too bad we can't keep a running total to make sure he gets there, I know He is down to $900 needed right now!!!!

I've been in touch with Matt daily. I will ask him for updates. :)

Here's the update.

With just under 24 hours of having this thread up, we've raised about $200!!

$800 more to go, and Matt's Trip will be a reality.

Remember - with all of the years of training, and practice for last year's ground breaking event; and with Matt becoming the world's first ventilator dependent person to SCUBA dive, he spent about 20 minutes in the ocean. This year, we'd like to try to get more than one successful ocean dive in!

Let's show Matt that ScubaBoarders really want to see him accomplish this as well! :D

Thanks again to all whom have donated so far!

PS - don't forget - "Ocean Opportunity" is a non-profit (501c) organization, so donations are tax deductible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom