Please give advice on which camera I need

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank601

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I want mainly video - stills would be nice but video is my main purpose - underwater to 130ft. A lot of people use the go pro that I dive with but I was wanting to get the most bang for my buck! Seen the Asako EK7000, not sure?? Should I get a budget cam like that or just suck it up and buy a black hero 7? Thanks in advance

Buy cheap, get cheap. Expect it to flood. Expect a crummy UI. Expect lack of accessories that fit. Expect to be unhappy with it.
Better than the GoPro, however, is the ParaLens. The older model will be available at a good price....

Buy cheap, get cheap. Expect it to flood. Expect a crummy UI. Expect lack of accessories that fit. Expect to be unhappy with it.
Better than the GoPro, however, is the ParaLens. The older model will be available at a good price....

Thanks - what are the older models?

I’ve been very happy with my Olympus TG5. It takes great ‘point &shoot’ pics and I’ve been experimenting with the more intricate settings with impressive results. The video quality is excellent. It’s waterproof to 10m (I think) but I have a housing and always, always use it.
Check out some reviews online.
Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom