Please Comment on this LogBook Page Sample

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is good... and you can add "SAC" if it's not already there.
I just give a rough estimate for Avg. Depth. I wonder if a some DCs could give an exact one for each dive? I wonder if my Puck can (I don't know as I so rarely dive deep enough to use it)?

I just give a rough estimate for Avg. Depth. I wonder if a some DCs could give an exact one for each dive? I wonder if my Puck can (I don't know as I so rarely dive deep enough to use it)?

I know my Petrel 2 that I had did.

here's all you need , Yours is fine if you don't dive that much. I would need a separate filing cabinet for my 9000 dives since 1962. Each dive is one line. Date, Place, Depth, ,Type and Condition, Bottom Time and remarks. Each line on every book is full except the open book. I say Keep it Simple. I often when it's miserable conditions go back through the books and imagine the incidents. 57 years of it. Dive logs.jpg

I am going to create my own logbook.

I've looked at a variety of products online. All seem to have some features I like, but none seem to have all.

Features I 'THINK' I am interested in:
  1. Water Resistant- I am going to print it out on Rite in the Rain Paper
  2. 1-Page/dive - Will take the 8.5"x11 and fold it so the booklet is 8.5"x5.5"
  3. Eliminate Blank Dive Profile 'Graph' - For 'Shop Lead' dives I am never really able to use this to 'plan' a dive as I just follow the leader then try to record the info from my computer afterwards.
    Although I have removed the graph, I have test fields for some of the info.
    For those dives I plan and do on my own. I can draw the graph in the comments section.
  4. Reference Pages - I added a few pages to hold some reference info
    a) A few infrequently used features of my Dive Computer
    b) NITROX related tables (32% & 36%) - MOD, EOD, Total O2 exposure, ppO2
    c) Brief Medical History - Vaccinations/dates, Allergies, Medical Conditions
    d) Emergency Info - Erasable area for local numbers, printed info for MY contact info

I've attached a sample of the log page.
I'd like your comments (good or bad or ugly).

Thanks
View attachment 405738
Did you roll your own character sheets in a previous life?

here's all you need , Yours is fine if you don't dive that much. I would need a separate filing cabinet for my 9000 dives since 1962. Each dive is one line. Date, Place, Depth, ,Type and Condition, Bottom Time and remarks. Each line on every book is full except the open book. I say Keep it Simple. I often when it's miserable conditions go back through the books and imagine the incidents. 57 years of it. View attachment 406146

That's really cool! Also, something that those of us with electronic logging will never get.

As a vacation diver I always dive with the same buddy and do a bunch of dives in a short time span with (mostly) the same gear.

We developed our own dive log layout that focused on reducing redundant data recording. So it provides 2 sets of slots for dive stats (his & hers) but only 1 for dive site / conditions. It has 4 dives per page (1 sheet handles 8 dives). Gear configuration is recorded once as a comment on the first dive. An additional comment is made on a later dive only if we make a gear change.

We do track accumulated bottom time. I like to see it average around 70 minutes.

I haven't read most posts and apologize if any of this was mentioned (since everyone probably has their own preferences on data anyway). It's also what you're used to as well--I use the standard "Trident" leafs.
I would add:
--a running count on bottom time ei. previous bottom time total plus this today=________ (think that was mentioned before). Personally, I keep only "dive" time as opposed to "official" bottom time, since my usual dives begin and end right at the shore. But I guess you could keep both.
--add "Average Depth". Mine is always considerably shallower than my Max Depth.

I would delete:....

Please remember that I am providing the SOURCE (MS WORD file) not a PDF.
That means one can customize it as he/she sees fit.

In regards to AVE DEPTH, how are you measuring it or calculating it?
I've always found it to be a bit of a guess as to what my AVE DEPTH was on a dive.
I can look at the graph on my Dive computer and make a guesstimate of depth at which I spent most of my time, but that is not really a true AVE DEPTH.

I can, however, use my downloaded Dive Computer data to calculate it when I get home.

Sounds like you've got all my stuff covered. I was just adding those comments based on the example you included in your OP. I don't know what SOURCE or PDF is, but am not a computer guy.

Sounds like you've got all my stuff covered. I was just adding those comments based on the example you included in your OP. I don't know what SOURCE or PDF is, but am not a computer guy.

I understand that you were just helping, based on me asking for help.
Thank you for taking time to do that.

I was just using your post to let others know that what I put together is not "Set In Stone".
I wanted everyone to use it as a starting point so they could create their own 'customized' dive log.

What SOURCE means is that I provided a file that can easily be edited.
Thus I provided the easiest means (IMHO) for someone to change the data, such as adding AVE DEPTH or taking out the EXPOSURE stuff. Adding their Medical History etc.
I took care of the hard stuff, like setting up the file so it can print into a booklet, that most people may not know how to do.

Some files, like a PDF file, are NOT editable (or easily editable).
You can only print out what is in the PDF file and cannot customize it.

Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom