Plaza Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strima77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My dive club is going to the Plaza Resort next Feb. Last time I was in Bonaire we stayed at Den Laman, which had a great house reef. With the Plaza - is there shore diving there, or just the beach? Looks like its close to town, which may be nice for the non-divers. Any other input will be appreciated.

There are basically two entrances to 18 Palms reef from the Plaza property, one at the beach and one at the bar. Very nice diving there.

It is not the most scenic reef but has lots of life. Saw a frog fish there in February. Joe's restaurant just down and across the street from the main entrance is very good too.

The entrance on the beach is a floating dock. Hard to beat ease of entry, carry your stuff out, setup on the picnic table at the end, and giant stride off. Good ladder to climb back up or you can wade in to shore.

I used to live next door to Plaza Resort and regarding being close to town, there's sidewalks starting at the corner at Plaza Resort for 2 miles going North. After you pass Divi, the walk is all along the shore, very nice for watching the sunset and going to dinner. Joe's restaurant is just steps away from the Plaza Resort restaurant and I heard recently is it excellent. Inside the Plaza Resort is my favorite in the world yoga teacher, Laura at Smiling Buddha Yoga studio on the back side near the guard shack. Plaza is my favorite snorkel spot, the reef close to shore has so many fish, watch for moray eels they're in the shallows so watch your step if you enter from the shore. Also, there's fire coral under the floating dock so don't touch anything getting in or out.

Back
Top Bottom