Plaza Las Glorias

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squeekycat

Registered
Reaction score
Hi:

My husband and I are going to Cozumel for the first time this Spring. We are interested in staying at an all inclusive place close enough to town so we can check out the surroundings and eat dinner in town once in a while but still have the option to just come back from diving and lounge around the resort and eat there.

:lookaroun From my research it looks like PLG fits the bill for location and it offers an all inclusinve option. But can anyone tell me if the resort is clean and the food is at least decent?

Thanks

Hi Squeeky and welcome to the board!

I have not stayed at the PLG but if you are looking for an all inclusive within walking distance to town it fits the bill. I recall reading on the Board that the food there is not too good, but I am sure lots of SB members who have stayed there will speak up and give you enough information to help you make a good decision about the place.

PLG is my prefered resort in Cozumel. But not because of the food. Sadly, I would only give the food a 2 star rating. Nothing exciting, and over priced.
I like PLG because of the location to town.The rooms are large, have balconies, and face the west for sunsets. They also have refrigerators in the rooms and a suite area with a sofa & table.
The pool is large and has a swim up bar. There is also a private area for sun tanning.
If you want you can also do a shore dive in the back of the resort. It's not as great as other Cozumel dive spots, but it's close and good for a check out dive.

I have stayed at an all inclusive down the road from PLG and the food was better. Although I would not personally go to an all inclusive in Coz again.
It was called Park Royal. The rooms were large also with balconies.

Welcome to Scubaboard! PLG will fit the bill for you. Its clean, close and convenient. You won't regret the choice. The food will do in a pinch (read lunch) but there are restaurants within walking distance (La Cocay is exceptional for special dinner). Don't worry and just book it!

I loved the PLG myself but I would discourage the all inclusive option unless you plan on using it for copious quantities of alcohol. Food there is not that expensive and though I can't remember the name of the restaraunt there is a small breakfast place just down the road from the hotel that is really reasonable. As for dinners the eateries in town are so plentiful that you won't want to eat at the hotel anyway.

Good breakfast places that are short walks toward town (same side of street as PLG) are Rock 'n Java (small) & Jeanie's Waffle House (a little bigger).

Best regards.

DocVikingo

I have stayed at PLG twice and would stay there again. It does sound like PLG would be a good fit for you. The hotel itself is clean, close to town, the fridges in the rooms are a bonus and the suites with the separate living area gives you more of a "homey" feel in addition to more room to spread out dive gear! :)

However, I would HIGHLY discourage the all-inclusive option. The hotel's food is generic and very overpriced. It's ok in a pinch, as someone else said, but if you pay for all-inclusive, you'll be paying even more for mediocre food. Of course, you can always grab a snack after diving at the hotel's restaurant for convenience's sake, but is that really worth paying all the extra money for all-inclusive? It's cheaper just to buy a snack/meal here and there and then save your money for the really GOOD restaurants in town.

I will 2nd Doc's recommendation of Rock-n-Java. It's literally right down the street--about a 2-3 minute walk from PLG--and has MUCH better food than the hotel. It's open early enough to catch breakfast before the dive boat gets there and it's also open for lunch and dinner.

Have fun! :)

PLG is a good place to stay-nice pool,friendly service,good happy hour drinks, but there are so many good places to eat I would never consider the AI route!
We usually ate breakfast there but that was about it.
Make sure you try El Morro for some Yucatecan cuisine!
Have fun!

Drewpy:
Make sure you try El Morro for some Yucatecan cuisine!
Have fun!

If you go to the El Morro I would appreciate it if you would check to see if the signed dive club t-shirt my group left there back in 99 is still hanging on the wall. (moss bay divers)

It was kind of in the back

Thanks

Julie

Back
Top Bottom