Playa Flamingo,Rocket Frog Divers questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harro10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am researching a one week trip in early May and will possibly be staying at the Paradise Flamingo Beach. Looking at the local dive shops Rocket Frog Divers seem to offer a most varied selection of sites. Can anyone tell me if they limit bottom times to accommodate their time schedule? Do they have a dock or is the boat beach entry. I see most of their dives are in the Catalina Islands area but hey do list the Bat Islands as a possibility. If any Board members have dove with them did you actually make it to The Bat Islands and, if so, how was the experience.

justwannadivenow3 - I heard back from Rock Frog Divers. They said they do not set bottom time limits. If they have fours divers who want to go to The Bat Islands, and weather permits, they will schedule a trip. They regularly do a two tank dive in the morning and another two tank dive in the afternoon to the Catalinas area (when possible). The dive shops in that area do not have docks so it is beach entry to the boats.

We dived with them a couple of years ago, the boat has a schedule to keep. I.e. there was a limit, even if you have gills you still have to be up with the group.

They do (did) have fast RHIBs that could make the trip to Cats or Bats much faster than the competition, giving you more time to dive there. But they need enough takers to pay for the gas etc., esp. on the longer Bat Islands trip.

We struck out on the Bats trip. The group who went the next day ran into bull sharks apparently... :(

Back
Top Bottom