playa del carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mapman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
:diver:
Looking for dive operators in Playa. Anyone been diving there ?Were you impressed with the reef or shoud we spend the day at Xcarate? We will be there next week and would like to book some dives. Thanks in advance

i would have a hard time choosing seeing the sites or diving, both were great. i do have to say that there is not much variety in the reef diving, but it is a great drift dive destination and i certainly wouldn't pass it up. not like there is nothing to see. each 2 tank dive we did with yucatek, they did a reef dive 1st and a wreck dive 2cd. we did xel ha instead of Xcharet, and it was wonderful, If you have time i recommend the diving and the eco park...

:diver:
Thanks for the info, we`ve done Cozumel about 5 0r 6 times but never had the chance to dive Playa Del Carmen, we did go to Xcarat last year and you are correct, it is great.
Thanks again

We stayed at the Allegro last Feb. and I dove with their shop, Barracuda. I found them to be very good and a very safe operator. We dove the cenotes and I did a two single tank ocean dives with them. One on the same day we went to Xcaret, did that during our lunch break. We spent the morning at Xcaret, went back to Allegro for lunch, did a one tank dive, showered and then went back to Xcaret for the evening shows. Had a great day.
I would go back in a heart beat if I could.

Just to offer a contrasting opinion - I though Xcaret sucked! I thought it was contrived and a complete waste of time and money.

Check out The Abyss. Dove with them last year and had a great time. Excellent staff and resonable rates. I've seen other posts in the past with the same comments:) They also run trips to the Cenotes so you can use the same op for both. When are you leaving? I'll be there in 49 days (but who's counting:D )!

Thanks for the info, we leave tommorrow and cruise out of New Orleans for sunny Mexico. Not a minute too soon it is supposed to go to 29 degrees this weekend. :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom