Playa Del Carmen diving information

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pam Rose

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
:crafty: My husband and I will be there 4/3/14 through 4/12/14, want to dive and need a good center to work with. we are both new, have a lot to learn...so we need easy, interesting and a good dive master. I would love some input please.

About 10 km south is Dive Aventuras in Puerto Aventuras. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I have been a couple of times and they are by far my favorite dive op anywhere I have been. The ocean diving is relatively easy, with a very mild drift some of the time. They can also take you to the cenotes.

My good friends own and run [URL="http://planetscubamexico.com”]Planet Scuba Mexico[/URL]. Very good guys, professional and knowledgeable staff.

If you're going to be in Playa, I'd recommend Tank Ha or Dive Mike. Jardine's Reef is a beautiful shallow dive, loaded with fish and other critters.

Consider "Beyond Diving"...small boutique operation right in Playa with first rate rental gear. I have dived with them twice in the last 18 months and had a great time. Very personal service and a lot of laughs in the shop and on the boat. You won't regret booking with Erik!

Bob (Toronto)

Ive used Scuba Playa..no complaints....I dove with Marco, and would recommend him in a minute...They are few blocks north of the ferry on 10th ave...

Scuba Playa | Scuba Playa

My wife and I dove with Tank Ha last summer and had a blast. We went on a cenote dive with just the 2 of us and the divemaster. They also have a boat that goes directly to Coz, so you do not have to spend your whole day taking the ferry back and forth toting gear. It was our first non quarry experience and the small group sizes were nice to get us comfortable in the new environment. Their rental gear is fine and everyone was very helpful.

My wife and I dove with Tank Ha last summer and had a blast. We went on a cenote dive with just the 2 of us and the divemaster

i too have used tank ha. the new owners have done a very nice job renovating the dive shop and if Manny still works there he is great to deal with.
however, i hope your quote above is inaccurate. you would need to be with a guide that is certified in full cave. in fact they may even have to be a full cave instructor to lead open water divers. i am not 100% sure, but a divemaster is def not qualified to take anyone into the cenotes.

so perhaps before this turns into an unfounded rumor, you might clarify your response

Sorry if I was unclear. Our guide was an instructor and was fully cave certified and dove with full cave gear. He also was our guide for some of our open water dives so I guess I was using the term divemaster in a generic sense. I should have said dive leader. Sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom