Playa del Carmen <=> Cozumel ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Most of you guys will probably know this, but some threads I have looked at belatedly (I'm a "junior member" here, which is amusing to me since it's been a while since I've been considered to be a "junior" anything) imply to me that some folks don't realize that the ferry from Playa to Coz hauls people only, not people in their cars as do ferries as we tend to think of them here in the U.S. Renting a car in Cancun to drive to Cozumel won't work.

There are a couple car ferrys that run to Cozumel from the mainland but unless you're planning to be there at least a couple weeks, it doesn't make any sense to go through the hassle, the time or the expense of bringing a car over. In all likelyhood, if your vacation plan includes time both on the mainland and in Cozumel and you feel like you need a car in both places, it will be a whole lot easier and probably not a lot more expensive to rent vehicles on both sides.

Back
Top Bottom