Playa del Carmen/Area info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pink_fins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are planning to dive the cenotes in Feb/March of 2007. We have a private guide setup, but need an all-inclusive to sleep at.

We have been at at the Aventura Spa Palace and it was just too fancy for our tastes (and a little more than we want to pay this time)

Anyone stayed at a simpler AI ? Is that even possible in Mexico ?
Tia

gail

Any particular reason you want to stay at an AI? There are lots of them around Playa, but there are also lots of good, inexpensive hotels in Playa and lots of good restaurants. We stayed at Hotel la Tortuga in January, which was very nice and very reasonable.

We have kinda decided that an AI would be the best.
Our friends wife can't eat any carbs ( she gets major headaches) and he doesn't like hot spicy food. So we thought there might be a better choice of food for them.
We are very flexible as far as food.
Thanks will checkout your hotel mentioned tho.
Our idea is not set in stone as far as an AI

gail

Sorry I can't give you any AI recommendations. Because there are lots of European tourists in Playa, there are lots of good restaurant choices. There are several good Italian places (which have lots of stuff other than pasta, including good fish and meat dishes), a decent French bistro, a lot of seafood places, and a bunch of other places I did not get to try. Even at the Mexican places, it is easy to avoid spicy food. Just trying to give you some options.

I stayed at Reef Playacar. Very reasonable, and fairly small.

Back
Top Bottom