Play back video problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubacody

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My GoPro has 2 videos on it (1)15:48 and (1) 54:53.
When I view them on my iPad I see 5 videos, (1) 15:48 (1) 1:43 and (3) 17:43.
Any ideas what’s wrong. Thanks

The GoPro splits video into segments. For mine, GoPro 3, each is up to 17:35 with additional time in a shorter file like your 1:43. So when I shoot 3hours of continuous dive video I get it broken into several 17:35 segments and one shorter segment. The segments line up flawlessly when editing.

The GoPro splits video into segments. For mine, GoPro 3, each is up to 17:35 with additional time in a shorter file like your 1:43. So when I shoot 3hours of continuous dive video I get it broken into several 17:35 segments and one shorter segment. The segments line up flawlessly when editing.
Is there a way for it not to split it up in segments, never did it before. I don’t do any editing. Thanks

It's time to consider doing some editing. No way you are going to want to keep all the footage you shoot during a dive, and if you don't cut it down you've got a lot of boring monotonous repetitive video of nothing, and neither you or anyone else is going to want to watch it. There's tons of free video editing software available and it shouldn't take you much time to figure out how to use it especially for the minimum features which for you would be trimming and combining videos. Then you can get a bit fancier and add, say a starting title and transition effects between scenes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom