Planning Trip To Fortuna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueKnight

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings Gentilbeings I hope you are all well. My wife and I are planning a trip to Freeport next year and will probably be staying at the Viva Wyndham resort at Fortuna beach. We would like to do some diving while we are there so if its not too much trouble can we get so information from you lot.

1st we are both novice divers and havent done much diving although we both have open water. What dive shops are nearby and will they look after us :) We would also like to know if there are any shops that do shore dives as my wife struggles with boats and gets very nervous as we dont do many boat dives in the UK.

2nd What time of year would be the best time to go.

Thanks in advance
BK

Thanks Osprey I appeciate the info. I will try and get in contact with them.

Stayed at Whyndam June of 08. This was our , wife and I, first dive trip. The dive master on our dives was very attentive and keep a close watch on us. Very good dives for a new diver. Whyndam always had something going on for guest. I would think that any time from May on would be a good time to go. There were divers wearing 3mm full wet suit, shorty, to just swim suit. Water temp around 81, little or no current. Good dive for beginners. On any dive you may see sharks. I would go back if the price was right. Right now it is hard to beat the deals to Cozumel. From Whyndam there was no shore diving. The boat ride to the dive sites was short. I'm sure that if you tell them of your experience that they will pay close attention to you. Hope this helps. Good diving.

Thats great information thanks LAdiver. I appreciate it :)

Does the Wyndham certify people? I am an advanced diver, but my boyfriend is not certified. He is interested in learning while on vacation. Where we stay on vacation will depend on whether or not he can learn to dive at the resort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom