Planning trip for divers and family with medical needs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in somewhat the same boat as you. My wife has MS, so knowing a good hospital close by is a high priority for me, and having two teenagers and one preteen, you get the idea. An AI diving that has a kids club is so hard to find. I have used Beaches Turks and Caicos for many years great place for food, entertainment, and diving. I cannot say anything bad about the place or how it is run. The price is a bit much, but if you factor in that all your diving is free, maybe the cost is just right. Where the dive boat leaves is right by the Italian village.

I also tried Club Med Cancun, an excellent place for food and diving. Entertainment for the young kids with their kid's club is fantastic. Diving is excellent, too.

If you find any place else, please let me know.

Stay wet,

Curacao. Great medical facility there. Curacao Medical Center. We were there for the month of February and rented a large 5 bedroom house in Corral Estates. I believe the facility is newly built. My wife broke her heel bone (calcaneus) and needed surgery. Everyone at the hospital was very helpful. Her surgery etc was about $16,000. Was told by the surgeon there that it would equate to approximately $80,000 if it was USA. Allianz Insurance (Canada) has been less than helpful. I believe we are getting reimbursed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom