Planning a trip for September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi All, I dived the Philipines in 1996?? and cant remember where I was apart from about 4 hours drive south of Manilla. I thought the diving was fantastic at the time but I only had 4 days there.

There are 2 of us both reasonably experienced (Me over 2000 and buddy over 300 dives) but getting on it years, therefore little current would be nice.

I am keen on macro and my buddy is taking a camera for the first time and wants some clean water and plenty to see.

We want to stay in one place and would enjoy good accomodation, food, a beach, pool and house reef for snorkelling. Prepared to compromise if we have to.

I realise this may be a big ask but this is most probably our only and for me last trip to the Phillipines, as he is a busy professional and I am over 70.

I would check out Peter's resort in South Leyte.
No pool, but good diving. There is nice boat diving during the day, or they can take you macro diving up the road. Also great night dive under the pier. Lot's to see and photograph.
I had easy travel there from Cebu, 3 hour ferry then 45 minute car ride to the resort.
Or Malapascua, I stayed at Tapanee Resort and dove with Thresher Divers. No pool but a private beach, good food. Variety of diving.

Forget about the liveaboard.

Anilao is THE place for macro.
You might have dive there all those years ago. 4hrs of road journey to Anilao was probably right back in 1996.

Yes Centrals it was in 1997 if my memory is correct. Fabulous clear water with tons to see and amazing night diving. My eyes cannot cope with nights anymore did one in Lembeh 3-4 years ago and spent the dive bumping into coral and came up the wrong boat anchor rope, very embarrasing...Used to be my favourite diving. Oh! Well - onwards and downwards!

I would check out Peter's resort in South Leyte.
No pool, but good diving. There is nice boat diving during the day, or they can take you macro diving up the road. Also great night dive under the pier. Lot's to see and photograph.
I had easy travel there from Cebu, 3 hour ferry then 45 minute car ride to the resort.
Or Malapascua, I stayed at Tapanee Resort and dove with Thresher Divers. No pool but a private beach, good food. Variety of diving.
Thanks Boris will do some research on those resorts. regards Ardy

Anilao, Anilao, Anilao.

'nuff said.

Hahaha, but really, it's so easy to get to from Manila and has amazing Macro.

There are lots of boutique dive ops around there, including Blue Ribbon which is operated by a fellow SB member. Very nice, updated property. Good rates.

Or Dive & Trek is my regular spot. Great food, (cheap) cold beer, small saltwater pool, great house reef (snorkle and diveable), great staff, but old rooms. DM Jake has an amazing eye for spotting Nudis around there.

:cheers:

Anilao, Anilao, Anilao.

'nuff said.

Hahaha, but really, it's so easy to get to from Manila and has amazing Macro.

There are lots of boutique dive ops around there, including Blue Ribbon which is operated by a fellow SB member. Very nice, updated property. Good rates.

Or Dive & Trek is my regular spot. Great food, (cheap) cold beer, small saltwater pool, great house reef (snorkle and diveable), great staff, but old rooms. DM Jake has an amazing eye for spotting Nudis around there.

:cheers:
Thanks a lot D-Fresh. I think that fixes it for me, Anilao it is, will discuss with buddy.
Was strongly of the idea to go to Mike's place at Dauin.

Well, I cannot speak for Mike's, never been, but hear good things. I'm sure you wont be disappointed with Anilao though.

Any time frame in mind? Feel free to PM me, we might be able to meet up.

Well, I cannot speak for Mike's, never been, but hear good things. I'm sure you wont be disappointed with Anilao though.

Any time frame in mind? Feel free to PM me, we might be able to meet up.

Hi we are planning to go in middle of September but that depends on my buddies commitments. Will know more in 4 weeks and PM you then. regards Ardy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom