planing a trip to thailand december 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info !

I told them the should take the certification at home but they don't want to dive in cold water with no viz at all.

It's hard to book in advance because sometime the place look good on the internet but poeple who run it aren't cool at all. so that's why I'm asking.

similan and richelieu look realy amazing.

Yeah, I figured that might be the problem, dangaignard. December in Canada is no picnic, and the weather is already turning now, from what I've heard, so even summertime lake diving is no longer an option.

However, if they wanted, your friends could do the book work and the pool sessions at home to save a day or two in Thailand.... whenever I take on referral students of this sort, I require a pool session anyway and a short quiz just to see where students stand and what they remember, not to mention just getting to know them and forming a bond. But since you've got a whole month in SE Asia, I don't suppose that another day or two on the course will make a huge difference.

Yes, we have also had quite a few guests doing their OW course during one of our 5-day cruises, BUT.....I strongly recommend reading the book on beforehand. Experience shows us that students find it difficult to focus and be motivated to study while the other guests are diving, relaxing and going to the beach. An advantage of doing the course on a live-aboard is that there are typically only one or two students at the time

Happy Sunday :)
Karin

We combine open water courses and our 3 Day Similan liveaboard trips (except for Richelieu Rock...which is too challenging), so you can all go together on a trip, they can get certified and have a great time :)

wow, that's sounds good. do you know the price for everything.

thanks

I'd preferred to go to koh Tao as it has got so many place that you can dive
I took my OP. Advance course in a few months ago for 3-4 days including
night dive and wreck dive with The Master Divers.

Master Divers | Koh Tao | How to become a dive instructor

And I also plan to go back to Koh Lanta for fun dive in October as well..

Ps. To be honest, I didn't work or earn any commission from any dive center at all.

Hope you will enjoy diving in Thailand. =]

Thanks for the info, while they will be taking the course, I'll be diving ! :cool2:

Thanks for the info, while they will be taking the course, I'll be diving ! :cool2:

Keep in mind that it can be very crowded here over the xmas holidays, so plan ahead as much as possible. If you find your in Bangkok on New Years Eve, come to Rachaprasong intersection and celebrate with the masses.

Good luck and safe diving........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom