Placencia suggestions - hotels and dive ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PStrangerX

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be spending my honeymoon in Belize in April. Fiancee and I decided that Palencia would be perfect. Our plan is to dive for the first half of the trip (2-3 dive days) and stay in a moderately priced hotel, and then splurge on a nicer resort nearby for the 2nd half.

Any recommendations on dive ops to use or places to stay? Thanks!

I go to Placencia every summer.

I always recommend Splash Dive Center. Nice shop. Professional crew. You'll have a lot of fun. I'm friends with pretty much every one who works there so say hi for me, lol. Ralph and Patty run a great dive op.

As far as a place to stay, I think Sea Glass Inn is a good choice for a basic, not a lot of frills type of place. Great location right next to the tip of the peninsula so you can walk anywhere you want to go. Higher ends are places like Turtle Inn, Roberts Grove and Chabil Mar.

Patty at Splash can help with accommodations.

Placencia. It's called Placencia, not Palencia.

And yes, Splash. And they have a bunch of land-based tours too.

I'll be spending my honeymoon in Belize in April. Fiancee and I decided that Palencia would be perfect. Our plan is to dive for the first half of the trip (2-3 dive days) and stay in a moderately priced hotel, and then splurge on a nicer resort nearby for the 2nd half.

Any recommendations on dive ops to use or places to stay? Thanks!
Or you could do something different, see Diving and Marine Conservation Trips in Belize

There is lots of accommodation in and around Placencia. I suggest you stay in the village for good access to the restaurants and bars (and gelato at Tutti Fruiti). At Splash, we provide complimentary pickup/drop off along the main road in the village but charge US$ 10.00 per person for pickup/drop off up the peninsula. When looking at accommodations, note that some say Placencia but are located up the Placencia Peninsula.

Patty would certainly help but this link gives you a good list of places to consider. Sea Glass is a good choice.

Hotels in Placencia, Belize

Patty would certainly help but this link gives you a good list of places to consider. Sea Glass is a good choice.

I go to Placencia every summer.

I always recommend Splash Dive Center. Nice shop. Professional crew. You'll have a lot of fun. I'm friends with pretty much every one who works there so say hi for me, lol. Ralph and Patty run a great dive op.

As far as a place to stay, I think Sea Glass Inn is a good choice for a basic, not a lot of frills type of place. Great location right next to the tip of the peninsula so you can walk anywhere you want to go. Higher ends are places like Turtle Inn, Roberts Grove and Chabil Mar.

Patty at Splash can help with accommodations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom