Placencia Dive Op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyKaplan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all -

I'm going to be in Placencia, Belize for about a month starting early January. I'm planning on diving about 3 days/week, sometimes just me, sometimes with a couple of other divers of varying experience (all AOW, but some with pretty low dive counts).

I'm looking for a great dive operator. I've heard good things about Splash, but was wondering:

* Any thoughts on Captain Jak's or Seahorse?

* Any other operators that you think are really good?

Thanks,

- Andy

* Any other operators that you think are really good?
Hi. I didn't answer before because I haven't stayed there and used them, but since you've had no other responses, do a quick forum search on 'Splash Divers' and 'Placencia,' and I think you'll find complimentary reviews of them.

I don't recall offhand hearing of the others you mentioned. If I'm remembering the good reviews of Splash Dive (Divers?) rightly, I'd start with them.

I think @Downing has used them before.

I'm probably going to go with Splash, but they are a bit inconvenient for a few reasons -- so I thought I'd ask about others. Hoping someone jumps in, would be good to hear....

Andy- how was your Placencia trip? We’re going this weekend, but we decided to not bring our drive stuff, based on my limited research of longboat rides to The reef?

The diving was really good, and Splash was top notch - very professional and really nice. The boat trips to the reef depend on where you go, but a minimum of 30 min. Most stuff seemed to be about a 45 min ride, but there were a few “extra special” places that were between 60-90 min.

I thought it was worth it for the diving, but really depends on your tolerance for the boat time.

Thanks Andy. I‘ll think about it more this week and decide. It’s been a long time since we took a vacay and didn't dive. A week relaxing on the beach doesn’t sound so terrible 😊

Back
Top Bottom