place to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be taking a cave class here in a couple days with an instructor in Puerto Aventuras and some dive buddies of mine will be with for diving but they all need a place to stay. Can anyone recommend a place in the $100 a night range. of course cheaper is better but we want something secure and with enough space for 3 divers but no need for anything fancy as they are only gonna sleep there. Thanks

I'm heading to PA in April. We rented a condo in the Villas Del Mar complex, which is in PA.

If you search the VRBO type sites you might find some 2BR units that are willing to give you a last-minute discount rather than seeing it go unrented.

I will be taking a cave class here in a couple days with an instructor in Puerto Aventuras and some dive buddies of mine will be with for diving but they all need a place to stay. Can anyone recommend a place in the $100 a night range. of course cheaper is better but we want something secure and with enough space for 3 divers but no need for anything fancy as they are only gonna sleep there. Thanks

PA is a pretty upscale area and I would be surprised if a room could be found in your price range.

You might try the Riviera Caribe Maya in Playa Del Carmen. They have four suites that are just above $100 a night and will give you enough room. Hotel Riviera Caribe Maya Playa del Carmen Mexico Hotel with Beautiful Air Conditioned Hotel Rooms and Suites If you are renting a car the drive is easy and you will save money by eating in PDC. Taxi's are much more expensive and the collectivo's are a pain to use.

Another option would be to stay in Akumal. Try Riviera Maya Hotels, Resorts, Rentals: Mexican Caribbean Vacation, they have the most complete rental for the area and some of the units are less than 100. In the off season, you can rent very nice 2br condos for around $125 a night on Half Moon Bay. You will want to get a car if you stay in Akumal.

Have a great one and we will be in Akumal on May 9th!

Back
Top Bottom