Pix on Seapix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seapix

Registered
Reaction score
Can't believe all the compliments I'm getting. Thanks to all. Especially you, Dee. (do I have to send you money now? :)

Yes, the pix are mine and my wife's. As for equipment...

Most of the pictures are taken with a Nikonos IV or V, Sunpak Marine Strobe and Sea & Sea wide angle lens, though I've recently switched to digital.

If you visit the Seapix galleries, click the the Photo Details link at the bottom. I've included most of the pertinent photo information for each picture, since I think that's the best way of learning which equipment to use to for a specific type of shot. It's how I learned.

Last item: I know I said I wouldn't post any pictures today, but since I already posted a Grey Angel and a Moray that we used to feed by hand, how about a Humphead Wrasse Picture?

Just FYI: morays loved beef and cheese strips (weren't too crazy about hardboiled eggs), whereas Humpheads loved beef and hardboiled eggs, but didn't like cheese. I guess there's just no accounting for tastes.

Your pics are GREAT!!! makes me want to go out and buy a camera NOW :dance: I really like the Grey guy you posted earlier today... it's too bad he's gone ;-0 keep up the good work and posting... I really enjoy looking at your photos! Thanks

HiDiver:

I appreciate the nice words about the Gray Angelfish on the Prince Albert. Here's a link, if you're still interested...

Gray Angel

I really miss Herbie (he was such an easy subject to photograph, since he was always on the lookout for hand outs)

Guess I'll just have to go back to Cocoview :)

George

clive francis once bubbled...

thats not either it is a Napoleon Wrase

Actually it’s a “Tangison” (what it’s called in Guam), pronounced something like Tan-Gee-Sun. You are both right, It’s a Humphead Wrasse; Nepoleonfish, or Dheilinus undulatus

Thanks for the link to your page. I really enjoyed the digital vs film write up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom