Pinnacle Siren vs Scubapro Nova Scotia vs Custom suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

juicyblue

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

I was hoping for some expert assistance :)

I'm looking for a wetsuit that will keep me as warm as possible (without heading into a dry suit!). I feel the cold, but not hugely so. At the moment, I'm diving in a 3mm Scubapro with a diveskin underneath it and am (just!) comfortable in 18degree water.

I've been researching Pinnacle Siren and also Scubapro Nova Scotia - Does anyone have experience with either of these and would recommend one over the other?

And, I have another issue... I'm 6ft1, so trying to find women's wetsuits that fit me is challenging, to say the least. Is anyone aware of good custom suit manufacturers that would deliver a similar quality to Scubapro/Pinnacle? Or, is it possible to custom order those makes?

Much appreciate your comments on this :)

I have an older Pinnacle suit one of the Merino Elastiprene suits...might want to consider the older version because it has the merino lining throughout the entire suit vs the newer Siren version with the lining in the core areas.

+1 for Fourth Element suits if you can find one in your size. Super nice quality and very warm. You could also look into these...Neptune Sports Wetsuits | Australia and New Zealand since they are local to you. I can't speak for their quality but they look nice and they do custom work. I heard about them from my friend down there who is a Freediving Instructor and wears their suits.

Hi JuicyBlue....did you find anything?
I'm just going through a similar exercise and thought I'd share some wisdom!
I've done a lot of my diving in Tenerife where water temperatures are around 18~21 C and I've had a Scubrapro Nova Scotia 6.5mm for a while - I adore it, it's a semidry suit, so a bit of a faff to get into, but very comfortable once you are in it. It has a 'dry suit' style zip across the shoulders and a neoprene neck seal which you roll in, much like a dry suit. I've used this in cooler water and generally put a lavacore top underneath it.

I'm planning a trip to Malta later this year and fear the 6.5mm might be a bit too toasty, so I'll looking around at 4~5mm semi dry's (I'm a semi dry convert now).

I'm looking at the New Nova Scotia 4mm, unfortunately no links on Scubapro website!! and there ladies size tops out at 183cm

Fourth Element Proteus
Proteus 3mm/5mm/7mm Scuba Diving Wetsuits | Fourth Element
My god - I was suggesting Fourth Element because I know they do about a million sizes, but not for a 6'1" Lady....geeze you must be pretty fed up!?

My next suggestion was the new Waterproof W4 which is on my hit list
Products - Waterproof

But I give up, they don't do anything either
Waterproof

Well...sorry I could help...that was my short list :eek:(

G

I'm also looking into the Nova Scotia 4mm but can't find anything official on it! I too have the 6.5mm version and love it (being a 6 foot 1 inch diver who has made a large dent on the pies that NEEDED to be eaten). Warm, comfortable. But doing Egypt in November and don't want to carry 14kg of lead again (home diving in my 3mm long suit I can get away with 3kg). I intend to combile with Fourth Element Themocline if it's still a bit chilly. But not expecting it to be! Anyone know where can get details of the 4mm Nova Scotia?

Back
Top Bottom