Pinnacle Polar 7mm Semi-Dry Men's Jumpsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JThompson

Contributor
Reaction score
Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know anything about the Pinnacle Polar 7mm Semi-Dry Men's Jumpsuit? Its selling for $284 at a couple different websites. Thats half price from normal. Are they selling that cheap because they arent good? Or are they making room for new stuff. It just seems too good to be true.

I'm looking at the same suite and thinking the same thing. My cave instructor had one and he did one dive with us and he said he liked it, keep him warm on a 60 min dive in north Fl. My instructor is in Afghanistan or I would call him. I called my LDS today and he said they don't sell them very much in Florida so he had no input for me.

I looked at the Pinnacle site and they're still listed there.

Look it up on leisurepro, the reviews are mixed about it..

I own the one with the integrated hood (it's actually 7/5mm) and I love it. I use it in Southern California, 55-65 deg water and it's perfect.

Here's my pro/ con list:

PROS:
integrated hood
zippered leg with neoprene lining (neoprene goes inside boot, zipper outside boot)
rugged knee pads
no slip shoulder pads
excellent seals

CONS:
hood is a PITA to get off after the third dive (too tired!)
stiff, sometimes feel like a robot getting into the water (fine once in though)
zipper across chest almost HAS to have a buddy to complete the last 4 inches of the zip

Hope this helps.

I ordered one today and it will be here on Friday. I got it from my LDS even cheaper then online with 2 day shipping from California. I hoping to dive it this weekend and if I do I will post results. I'm only diving in 72deg water so I hope I'm warm.

I tried the suit this weekend, I think my neck is too big and that makes it hard breathe. It was tight on the surface but I assumed it would be fine after I got in the water. We did a 40min dive in 72deg water, I wasn't cold but wasn't warm either. I couldn't zip up the last 4" of the suit. I think if my neck would have fit it wouldn't be a bad suit but I don't think I would be warm enough for 55deg water.

Heh, it's that last 4 inches that gets ya.

Yeah, I dove mine this weekend and hit 49 deg under the thermocline. Too cold for me and had to get back into 53-54 deg above the 'cline (although I don't know if 5 deg is considered a thermocline).

I still need to trim the neoprene around the face as I haven't done it yet and find it riding into my reg.

Back
Top Bottom