Pinnacle merino lined seal 3mm suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

black1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all

I need a new wetsuit for diving here in South Florida winter times were the water can get a chilly mid 60's (sorry NE divers but it's cold for my thin blood) down deeper. I will be in the 130 to 160fsw range and doing deco times as well so I want to be very comfortable, but, not restricted by using a very thick 5mm or drysuit. I have heard geat things about the Pinnacle Seal merino lined 3mm, they say it is warmer than many 5mm. I will also be wearing maybe my 3mm vest w/hood for added warmth. How are these wetsuits for these conditions, can those who own one give me there opinions, thanks.

or would this suit be better it is there 5mm but very stretchy suit, sounds nice.

Merino-Elastiprene 5 or Fusion 5/4 mm

I use the Merino-Elastiprene 5mm and really do like the suit. They say with the wool it's really like a 6mm and does not feel like one. This is my third year / 100 dives with it and it's holding up very well. The water temps I dive are a bit colder then yours so I also run a core warmer at the start and end of the season.

For warm water diving my wife and I want to get rid of the shorties (getting older I guess). We will replace them with the Merino-Elastiprene 3mm your looking at before the next trip.

I have the Seal 3mm and elastoprene 7mm and will soon have the 5mm. Wife also dives the 3mm. I have been very pleased with Pinnacle, they hold up well and wear well.

I just purchased the Elastoprene 7mm (no Merino) and the 3mm Merino hooded vest. I was diving in 50 degree water and didn't feel the slightest bit cold. I almost went with the 5mm Merino instead of the 7, but decided my season will be a bit longer with the 7.

For my conditions here in South Florida is the 3mm seal a good choice, nice and warm or should I say is it a bit warmer than most 3mm (scuba pro, Bare, Aqualung), I use a 3mm aqualung flex and it's just ok, little leaky in areas and just so so. I do not want to be restricted so im leary about a 5mm, I could use the 3mm with a 3mm vest w/hood attachment.

My wife has the 7mm elastoprene merino lined suit. We dive in cold Michigan lakes and she gets cold outside when the air temp is 70 so naturally she gets really cold in the water but since she got this suit I havent heard one complaint about being cold. The suit is very warm, the merino is worth the money. I wish I had bought the merino lined suit instead of just the elastoprene 7mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom