Pinnacle Merino Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom B

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A friend recommended the Pinnacle Merino Evolution undergarment. I usually dive in very cold water / ice diving, and do not want to freeze.
Should I go for the Pinnacle Merino or should I buy another brand?

I have the merino evolution undergarment. Very warm and very well made. I've been diving all winter with it in temps as low as 37deg. I've not been cold. I'm wearing a union suit underneath that and nothing else. Down side is that it takes a lot of lead to sink it. I'm wearning 34lbs with my ST100. The only other issues I've had were cold hands and feet after 60 minutes or so. I would definately need to switch to another garment once the water is at 50 deg. Overall, i'm very happy with it.

A friend recommended the Pinnacle Merino Evolution undergarment. I usually dive in very cold water / ice diving, and do not want to freeze.
Should I go for the Pinnacle Merino or should I buy another brand?
Very nice undies at a really good price ($250-ish if you shop around a bit). I switched to one last year, in prep for a trip down to Antarctica, as it's about the warmest out there, at least for those that publish CLO ratings for the suit (and shame on the other manufacturers who don't).

With 90 minute to 120 minute dive run times in Puget Sound (48 degrees) it's proven extremely toasty.

It's a bit buoyant - had to up the weight about five pounds from my Andy's Undies, but it's definitely a whole lot warmer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom