Pinnacle Evolution 3 Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jo Chappy

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking to buy my first drysuit and am finding the cost a bit daunting. I have come across the Pinnacle Evolution 3 Drysuit and the cost looks more manageable but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. Here in Australia the coldest water I would dive in would probably be around 14 degrees centigrade (any colder I probably just wouldn't dive).

Does anyone have any feedback on this drysuit? I'd love to hear from you I'm agonising over to buy this drysuit or just stay out of the colder water.

Thanks
Joanne

I would be interested in knowing as well. The Pinnacle does come with a tempting price.

Jo, you wouldn't be talking about diving in Melbourne are you? :D

what are the characteristics of the Evo 3 compared to the Evo 2?

It looks like a nice drysuit, it would be nice to see a side by side comparison between the Evo 2 and 3. I have the Evo 2 myself and I really like it. It was a lot of suit for the price and is rugged enough to be abused. However since it is rugged, it is stiffer then some may like, and also pretty heavy. Its easy to get into, but I had to try a few techniques of distorting my body in order to remove it myself. The valves work very well, and its nice to have pockets on both legs without paying extra. The booties are not cut as well as I would of hoped but after pulling the insole out of my dive boots "Converse" they fit better. If your want something even cheaper you might want to look at the Pinnacle Freedom, If the Evo 3 has lighter material then the Evo 2 you may really like it.

I think these are from different companies... The 3 appears be being made oceanic, vs the E2 by, well pinnacle. Unless I'm missing something that's gotta be a trademark case waiting to break (I'm not a idiot in a hurry and I find it confusing). Package and language are similar too.

Back
Top Bottom